Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Here (In Your Arms)


Why Do I Even Have These Bold Title Things: Can't Stop Now

Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye

Recommended by Babsh

"I felt like I needed to recommend more than 1 song cause I kept saying I would do it like weeks ago but I never did. And it came up on shuffle. I think I'll wake up to it tomorrow for my alarm."

Are you telling me that you recommended this song solely because it came up on shuffle? The disrespect...

I'm still going to write a post about it, though, because it's not a bad jam. Plus, I definitely actually had a phase with this song back in the day, and I've missed it quite terribly.

I really love the contrast between the quiet verses and the funky electro-pop choruses. You start out thinking it's all so serious and personal and intimate, and then suddenly you're thrown into the club, like "oh, okay, I guess we're dancing now."

And there are some cool sounds. I like the filter on this guy's voice during the chorus. You can hear it particularly well on the words one and terribly. I'm also a fan of the intro noise that kinda continues throughout the song. It's like either the whistling wind or the swing of a sword. Hm.

Overview:

Genre:
Synth Pop / Pop Punk / Power Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly.
Now there's no place else I could be but here in your arms.

Verdict:
I've missed this quite terribly.

2 comments: