Monday, February 29, 2016

Take It Easy


The First Single

Take It Easy by the Eagles

Recommended by Lisa

"I love that song. It’s happy and brings back memories of my youth when it was popular in the '70s (RIP Glenn Frey)."

I have so many emotions attached to this song. You know how that happens sometimes? When a certain sound or smell is inextricably linked to a specific time in the past?

I was first exposed to the Eagles during a trip out west, fittingly. In fourth grade, my family flew out to Vegas and took a road trip down to the Grand Canyon, and all we listened to in the car for a week was Hell Freezes Over

Then I didn't listen to the Eagles extensively for a long time, so every time I hear them, the memories are super vivid. I'm back in the car staring out the window at the Hoover Dam and red, red rock and too much sun and miles of nothing. Or I'm back in the hotel room waking up at 4am because of the time difference and looking out the window at stars that go on to infinity. 

Or, like, maybe I'm standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. It's hard to say.

Anyway, I would probably consider myself to be an Eagles fan. I like the country-rock thing they've got going on, and I love all their harmonies. It's a pleasing sound.

Overview:

Genre:
Soft Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.

Verdict:
Easy listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment