Sunday, March 27, 2016

Dear No One


The Jacket Incident

Dear No One by Tori Kelly

"I really like this song just because it's pretty much the story of my life... Very relatable I think."

This is the second Tori Kelly song that y'all have recommended, and I like it even better than the last one. I should probably go out and listen to her entire album.

I agree that the song is #relatable, especially for me and my introverted self. In that respect, it reminds me of Alessia Cara's Here. 

I mean, listen.

Here:
Really, I would rather be at home by myself.

I don't dance, don't ask. I don't need a boyfriend.

Dear No One:
I don't really like big crowds.

I like bein' by myself. Don't gotta entertain anybody else.
No one to answer to.

Plus, they have the same kinda style, kinda R&B, with lots of words and long phrases. 

I also love Tori Kelly's voice. This part where she starts singing with this breathy head voice is the most amazing thing. It's absolutely beautiful.

Just like with Unbreakable Smile, I have to rave about the lyrics of this song. It's empowering to young women, telling them that they don't need a man, and they aren't going to end up alone just because they're not throwing themselves into the dating game every chance they get.

I like being independent.

I'm done lookin' for my future someone,
'cause when the time is right, you'll be here.

I'd love to have a soul mate, and God'll give him to me someday.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop / R&B

Favorite Lyrics:
I'm done lookin' for my future someone,
'Cause when the time is right, you'll be here.

Verdict: An anthem for all us young single people

1 comment:

  1. Nice song...great to hear this perspective from a young lady. It seems like there are so many young people today that don't seem to place any importance on Romance, feelings, and waiting for that special someone. Refreshing, and a really nice song as well...

    ReplyDelete