Thursday, March 10, 2016

Someone's Watching Over Me


Daily Dose of Nostalgia

Someone's Watching Over Me by Hilary Duff

Recommended by Irene

Thank you so much for recommending my childhood hero. I don't know why I qualify that with the word "childhood" - Hilary Duff is still killin' the game.

This song is cute. Like yesterday's recommendation, I think it has the potential to be read as a religious song. That "someone" who's watching over me could be the god you worship, or His angels.

Except that it was written for the movie Raise Your Voice. In that context it's about the family that stands behind you with love and support. I don't want to spoil anything, but the general idea is that you've gotta just keep believing in yourself, and you have to remember that there are people who love and support you. It's nice.

I'll be real with you, it sounds like a pretty formulaic bop, and the lyrics in the verses are kind of like...weak. I mean: Seen that ray of light, and it's shining on my destiny. Oookay...

But whatever, you know? It's positive and motivational and Hilary Duff sounds absolutely adorable.

Plus it reminds me of my childhood, so that's that.

Overview

Genre:
Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
I will be strong, even if it all goes wrong.

Verdict:
It gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment