Monday, March 21, 2016

7 Years Old


Nah, There's Just Something In My Eye

7 Years Old by Lukas Graham

Recommended by Carly

"Has a nice story...Ana's fav atm, and she won't stop playing it next door."

It is a nice story.

Man, I can't deal with these songs that deal with growing through the different stages of life. I cry like a baby every time. 100 Years by Five for Fighting. Cat's in the Cradle by Harry Chapin. The Best Day by Taylor Swift. I cannot keep it together during any of those.

And now this.

Great.

It really is a good song, though. The delicate piano intro is beautiful, and Graham's vocals are soulful and pure. There's a great flow to the lyrics, and you can feel a lot of emotion from his voice...You can tell he's singing from the heart. He wrote this song about a year after his father died, once he could finally process it.

Soon, I'll be sixty years old. My daddy got sixty-one.

It's almost funny how sad these kind of songs make me feel. With the exception of Cat's in the Cradle, none of these songs are actually sad. They're nostalgic, but I mean...everyone grows up. We might as well get used to it.

Even though this song is about Graham's late father, it's generally positive. It celebrates the love and support that he always felt from his dad, doesn't dwell on the man's death.

Remember a life and then your life becomes a better one.

Overview

Genre:
Pop Ballad

Favorite Lyrics:
I only see my goals.
I don't believe in failure.

Verdict:
Makes you miss...everything...

Okay but why did he need a wife at eleven years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment