Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hate to See Your Heart Break


Here's to My BFFs

Hate to See Your Heart Break by Paramore ft. Joy Williams

Recommended by Michelle

"I felt guilty about requesting Neil Diamond song so as an option this song has special memories attached to my Bella too because we saw it performed live, front row, center stage. She even spoke to my Bella and left quite an impression on me."

That's so awesome! Going to see music performed live is the best thing ever. I've always thought that if you leave a concert and you don't feel like the artist you just saw is your new favorite, then they did something wrong.

In Hayley Williams' own words, this song is about "close friendship between two women who share their stories with each other, and who lift each other up and understand one another." x

It really warms my heart that the two ladies singing together here have been actual real life best friends for years, and the way they laugh together in the music video is adorable. Plus, this fondness comes out in the way they sing. Both of their voices are beautiful alone, but the harmonies they pull off are exquisite.

I love the song. I love the picture painted in the first verse:

The dullest knife just sawing back and forth
And ripping through the softest skin there ever was.

Anyone who's had their heart broken can read that and feel this person's pain. That sympathy is one of the main emotions that I get from the song. It's the sympathy of someone who's been there before, the sweet sympathy of someone who wishes they could take some of your pain onto themselves.

I love the overall sound of this song. The voices, as I mentioned already, are gorgeous and full of emotion, and the instrumentation is delicate and lovely, especially the violins. Beautiful.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
For all the things that you're alive to feel,
Just let the pain remind you hearts can heal.

Verdict:
This song is the opposite of heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment