Sunday, March 6, 2016

First Choice




YouTube Killed the Radio Star

First Choice by Gabe Bondoc

Recommended by Mr. Whatzitooya

"Love the guitar. Love his voice."

I, too, love his voice and the guitar. Excellent vibes all around. There's something so powerful and, like, magical about a voice and a guitar.

Especially his voice.

There's a simplicity to it that I think works really well for a love song like this because it feels really honest. You feel like you're really connecting to him, and I dig that.

I'm not the only one with the list that you're on.

That's spicy. You get the idea that he's in love with, like, the hottest person ever. This person that he feels is maybe a touch out of his league. So you have to kind of feel for him when he goes:

I've tried so many times, but I'm shy, and it shows.

It's super endearing.

I'm awkward, but I'm real, and I hope that she sees.

Awww, babe. So cute.

The most adorable thing, though:

Hope that's a plus, plus I'm always home.
Always answer your calls when you're bored and alone.
...I'm ahead of myself, need to slow my roll.

This just proves the awkwardness that he mentioned before. It's like, "I'm not super cool but that can be a good thing! I'm just, like, always down to hang out with you 'cause there are no other obligations on my time haha!" and then he realizes that it sounds obsessive and maybe a little desperate, and he's like, "Wait no."

It's a really cute love song overall. I like his awkward little character and the smart lyrics and the sweet melody. You listen to it, and you feel loved.

Overview:

Genre:
Acoustic / Indie Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
Opportunity knocks, but I'm never home.

Verdict:
Choice af.

1 comment: