Friday, March 4, 2016

I'm Yours


Not So Antisocial

I'm Yours by Alessia Cara

Recommended by Anon

"bc baby im yours"

Congratulations to Alessia Cara for being the first artist that I'm covering twice. A huge honor, I know.

I don't like this song as much as I liked Here. The lyrics are cute and conversational but not quite as #relatable...perhaps because this one actually involves interacting with other humans (though she admits I'm not used to this).

I like that you can still feel Alessia's introverted and vaguely teenage-rebellion-esque spirit:

Oh, how rude of you to ruin my miserable.

Nobody asked you to get me attached to you;
In fact you tricked me. 

I'm mad at you for being so cute.

What's wrong with you?
You make me sick for being so perfect.

Same.

I also feel like this one is a lot closer to pure pop than the R&B-Pop of Here. Not that I have anything against pop music - listen, I drove to Baltimore for One Direction - but that's not what made me fall in love with this artist.

Also, is anyone else getting Baby-era Justin Bieber from this song? The beat, the melody, the voice. Don't take that the wrong way - I love this girl's voice, so smooth and lovely. Honestly, don't take this whole comparison the wrong way. Baby slayed and still slays.

I dunno.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop / R&B

Favorite Lyrics:
So all that I'm askin'
is that you handle me with caution,
'cause I don't give myself often.

Verdict:
So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment