Sunday, May 1, 2016

Ghost Town


I Need New Earphones

Ghost Town by Adam Lambert

“Listen to the lyric video. I love that song. So much, so much love.”

Per Pedrum's request, I embedded the official lyric video, but you can find the official music video here.

I was hyped to receive this recommendation because I love Adam Lambert's voice. I remember watching him on American Idol back when I was in middle school and being super disappointed when he didn't win.

I think the acoustic guitar in the verses is awesome. The vocals sound good - nothing flashy, which works well with the subject matter. It seems appropriate to have that quiet, hollow sound as the lyrics discuss the way he's walking the empty streets of some old ghost town and searching for trust.

The techno dance vibe that comes in during the chorus isn't my absolute favorite thing, but it definitely provides a contrast that keeps you from getting bored. And I must admit that this is the part that gets stuck in your head after the song ends.

It's just interesting how the verses are super sad (e.g. Love is a satire.), and then the chorus gets all *boots&cats&boots&cats*

I definitely don't hate it, but I'd be interested to hear a completely acoustic version, even a cover.

I'm so glad I live in the 21st century where I can find exactly that with a simple Google search:


Perfect.

Overview:

Genre:
Eurodance / Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
I tried to believe in God and James Dean,
but Hollywood sold out.

Verdict:
Love is always a satire.

No comments:

Post a Comment