Friday, May 13, 2016

Dangerous Woman


Her Name Is Rio

Recommended by Becky

"Ariana just has such a soulful voice, and I'm all about feelin' sexy and dangerous."

I know, right? Her voice is amazing. Have you seen her do the Wheel of Musical Impressions with Jimmy Fallon? She's multi-talented. Kind of a goddess.

Full disclosure: I didn't care for this song the first time I heard it. But that doesn't matter because I love it now. I've even gotten past the fact that she's both a giver and a taker because whatever, she can be both if she wants.

That intro is swanky, man, damn. Even without the video, you can tell this song is sexy. The melody is cool, too, the way it lifts way up at the end of the phrases that make up the verses. Do your thing, girl. I can't sing along, but do your thing.

That's what the song is about anyway, right? Ariana doing her thing. I admire her so much for her talent and her ability to brush off the haters. Don't need permission, made my decision to test my limits. 

'Cause it's my business.

On choosing this to be the title song for her album Dangerous Woman, Ariana said, "To me, a dangerous woman is someone who's not afraid to take a stand, be herself and to be honest." (x)

That's awesome, Ariana. Keep being an inspiration.

Dangerous Woman is out May 20th :)

Overview:

Genre:
Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
Nothing to prove, and I'm bulletproof and know what I'm doing.

Verdict:
makes me feel like a dangerous woman

2 comments: