Friday, May 20, 2016

Vagabond


Wanderlust

Vagabond by MisterWives

Recommended by Kim C.

"I get a weekly Spotify playlist of recommended songs for me. Sometimes they're way off, but I came across this one at the top of my list the other week and I really like it! I'm sure you'll understand the satisfaction in getting a good song rec that you can jam to. Hopefully you enjoy this one!"

Mandy Lee's voice came across as a little shrill at first, but I got used to it after about a minute. I think you'll miss a lot of good music if you expect everyone to sing like Adele. Lee reminds me a little of Regina Spektor with the inflection. Or maybe Ingrid Michaelson, in that her voice takes second to get used to.

I like the lyrics a lot. I included the lyric video because it was the first result in my Google search, but I'm really glad that's what I embedded. The repeated line about pretending to not feel alone is poignant and lovely. I'm hung up on it.

I have a serious case of wanderlust, so I relate to the idea of travel. But I've always been afraid of leaving home and being completely alone. This song is kind of comforting in that way, and I feel like I could take on that solo journey.

Vagabond is you.

Overview:

Genre:
Indie Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
If the sun goes down too soon,
embrace the starry-eyed moon.

Verdict:
Emotion > Tone

No comments:

Post a Comment