Monday, February 22, 2016

Runnin'


(Interlude)

Runnin' by Kehlani

Recommended by Me (not me)

"It's lit."

Another great recommendation! We're on a roll with the catchy sounds and messages of girl power, keep 'em coming.

I love the way she glorifies confidence. Not only is she confident in herself, but she's also only messing with this guy because he's confident in himself and he appreciates a strong-minded woman. AKA: this chick.

I always said I'd be the one to do it.
I change the way they lookin' at us women makin' music.
Go put back on the crown; stop makin' us look so stupid.

Yeah, girl. Tell 'em.

And she sounds good saying it, too, which is always a plus.

I get why it's called Runnin' (Interlude) since it's a pretty short piece that's just kind of all in one section, not really divided into stanzas or anything. No verses, choruses, repetition. I wonder how it fits into the album....

Overview:

Genre:
R&B

Favorite Lyrics:
'Cause I know every man has a fear of a strong-minded woman,
But I say she's a keeper if she got it on her own and keeps it runnin'.

Verdict:
It's lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment