Saturday, February 27, 2016

Work


Turn Up

Work by Rihanna ft. Drake

Recommended by Anon

"I've been listening to this on repeat like all day. I just like the upbeat tempo, and it's pretty catchy. Also, Drake is bae."

This is fun.

Y'all, I love Rihanna. I think her voice is great, and her usual mix of urban and Caribbean sounds is so sick. This one has less of a tropical vibe, but I still feel like I hear it. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I like it.

There are also TWO music videos, and that has to count for something.

I mean, is this a masterpiece of production and lyrical value? Perhaps not. But you can't tell me you wouldn't love to hear this downtown at a club. Or at a house party. Or at the gym, even. I will get down to this song, whether I'm dancing or grinding out that last half-mile.

Plus, honestly, this song is legit. If you want a relationship, you gotta work work work work work work. It's real stuff. My favorite line: Please recognize, I'm tryin' Babe!

Let's go.

Overview:

Genre:
Reggae-Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
Who am I to hold your past against you?

Verdict:
Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment