Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's Only Natural


The Holy Spirit

It's Only Natural by Lior & Emma-Louise

Recommended by Eleanor

"It's only natural to listen to this lovely song."

I agree, Eleanor. "Lovely" is probably the best word I can think of to describe this song. 

Starting with the very first notes, the delicate interplay of notes on the guitar, a "lovely" tone is established. Lior, I assume, comes in with this warm, gentle voice singing the sweetest little melody I've ever heard. Then when Emma-Louise enters, she has a soft, pure voice to match.

The mood darkens a bit when the vocals come together. There's something eerie in the harmonies, something that, ironically, feels a little unnatural...but not in a bad way. It's haunting, but hauntingly beautiful. I'm imagining mist rolling in over a mountain. It's ethereal.

This song, for me, is really about the scene established by the music. The flowering meadow painted by the sweetness of the melody and the beauty of the voices. The shimmering sunlight of the violins. The light drizzle of the guitar - doesn't it sound like raindrops?

The lyrics are "lovely," too, but the music speaks for itself in this one. Close your eyes and see where it takes you.

Overview:

Genre:
Singer/Songwriter / Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
Read me like a book
That's fallen down between your knees.

Ready or not, here comes the drop.

Verdict:
As Eleanor said, "It's only natural to listen to this lovely song."

P.S. I know I've been saying this a lot lately, but oh my God, this is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment