Thursday, April 28, 2016

Waves


Guys I Am So Late But I Never Slept So It Counts

Waves (Remix) ft. Kacey Musgraves by Miguel

Recommended by Brittany B.

"Combine Miguel's soulful voice with Kacey's country twang and you discover a whole new genre of music. Prepare yourself...you'll have this song on repeat singing every lyric in no time."

I accidentally listened to the original last night, and I was kind of into it, but I was wondering why I couldn't hear "Kacey's country twang" lol. I found the remix this time.

The remix is better, y'all. Kacey's voice softens the song in a delicious way. It maintains the sensuality, but it's simultaneously faster and gentler. The original is a one-night stand, and the remix is with someone you love. It's sweet.

Even though the lyrics are exactly the same. Funny how that works.

I love verse 3. It has some nice duet action, and their voices complement each other really beautifully. Then immediately after the verse, there's a little riff that has a tango vibe, and I dig it.

BUT my favorite part, hands down, is here at the end where the bridge and the chorus are intertwined, and it's perfect. You know when you're at the soft-serve machine and you can't decide between chocolate and vanilla? But then you don't have to because there's the chocolate-vanilla swirl? This is that swirl.

In fact, this whole song is that swirl. Country and R&B, man. This is tight.

Overview:

Genre:
Electro Country R&B...?
Listen, I don't know what to tell you...

Favorite Lyrics:
Baby, drop it like it's stolen.

Verdict:
I know I use the word "cool" lightly all the time, but this is like...very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment