Sunday, April 10, 2016

Waves


Go with the Flow

Waves by Young the Giant

"This song has been stuck in my head since I first heard it."

I love this song.

I like the way the vocals are steady and smooth and relaxed over a background beat that's a little bouncier. It starts out with that bum bum bum thing that's pretty chill, but as soon as the drum kicks in, it's a lot more energetic than the half-whispered singing.

It's a constant, gentle motion. The in and out and in and out and in and out.

The lyrics strike a happy medium between literal and poetic. They don't come across as trying to be deep, but I can still feel them in the bottom of my heart.

I like that the lyrics end at about 3:40, but the song goes on until 4:48. It feels nice, relaxing. Pacific.

Then at the end, you get that static. Waves finally crashing upon the shore.

Overview:

Genre:
Indie Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
All we know is we're here today.

Feel the weight wash away all the mistakes I've made.

Verdict:
Soothing

No comments:

Post a Comment