Thursday, April 14, 2016

My Church


I Took a Road Trip to Heaven Once

My Church by Maren Morris

Recommended by Kim M.

"I really vibe with this song. Sometimes taking a long drive by yourself is just the most rejuvenating and calming thing you can treat yourself to."

I agree completely, Kim. Going for a drive can be amazing! I've gotten into trouble for it. Apparently it's "bad for your car." Makes sense, I mean who uses cars for driving? Ridiculous...

Seriously, though, it can definitely feel like a spiritual experience to be behind the wheel, whether it's a solo drive to clear my head or a road trip across the country with a friend. Either way, the most important things are nice weather and a bomb playlist - which should probably include this song.

Maren's playlist, however, is the highway FM. She's not listening to anything specific, just got the wheels rollin' and the radio scrollin'.

She says, "Whatever region of the country you are in, that’s a great way to find out what they listen to. You find music wherever you are and that becomes the soundtrack for whatever your road trip is." 

(You can find more of her annotations here at Lyrics Genius if you're interested. She says wrote the song while she was in the car herself, where she often finds inspiration.)

I think Maren's voice is sweet, and the song feels really warm. It captures that feeling of driving around, windows down, feeling excited and free and unpredictable.

It also has an intimate vibe to me. I can imagine someone singing this at a bar downtown, eyes closed, thinking about the open road.

Overview:

Genre:
Country

Favorite Lyrics:
I find holy redemption when I put this car in drive, roll the windows down, and turn up the dial.

Verdict:
perfect road trip song

2 comments:

  1. LOVE HER AND this song - perfect choice for a debut single

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME <3 I relate so much after all my road tripping haha

      Delete