Friday, April 22, 2016

I Would Die 4 U


RIP Prince

I Would Die 4 U by Prince & The Revolution

Recommended by Michelle

"So sad Prince died today. He was a gifted writer musician dancer /entertainer. He was exceptional in many ways in my very humble opinion. So many great songs...you choose."

I found a YouTube clip here, but I didn't want to embed it here because apparently Prince wasn't into the whole "listen to my music digitally without paying" thing. And you can't disrespect a dead guy. Go buy a CD or stream on Tidal, I guess.

I don't have a lot of experience with Prince's music, but thank you for sending in a request. It feels a bit awkward to just now be familiarizing myself with this man after he's gone, but that's often how it goes. It's incredible how many people have shared their condolences and praise him as an artist; so many of the sources call him a "genius." It's touching.

I think this song is beautiful, and it can bring some comfort in the wake of Prince's unexpected passing.

Be your fire when you're cold.
Make u happy when you're sad.

The clip I linked to above does just that. How can you stay sad when you're listening to this upbeat love song, watching Prince do what he does best?

Also, the song is pretty spiritual, if you want to read it that way.

I'm your Messiah.

I'm not a human. I am a dove.
I'm your conscious. I am love.

I'm not super religious, but it makes me happy to sing this song and imagine Prince up there doing his thing with the angels, you know?

Overview:

Genre:
Funk / New Wave Synthpop

Favorite Lyrics:

I'm not a human. I am a dove.

Verdict:
makes u happy when you're sad

No comments:

Post a Comment