Friday, April 8, 2016

The Best


You Make Me Strong

The Best by Tina Turner

Recommended by Dr. Kreshel

This song is very "80s." It was released in the late '80s, so I'm not wrong...but I think my main reasons for feeling the '80s vibes are actually a) her hair in the music videos and b) the fact that the chord progressions during the chorus sound a lot like Journey's Faithfully.

(But, I mean, a lot of songs have similar chords...e.g. One Direction's Steal My Girl)

This might be my new go-to karaoke song. The verses are simple, and the chorus is fun to sing along to. The accompanying instrumentals are really cool, so the pressure's not all on the vocalist, which is important for a good karaoke piece.

Tina Turner has a voice I could never live up to, but I still want to try.

I like the positivity of the lyrics, too. It's pure appreciation of whoever she's in a relationship with, and it makes me believe in love again.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
Speak the language of love
like you know what it means.

Verdict:
simply the best

No comments:

Post a Comment