Sunday, April 17, 2016

Bossy


Like Michelle Obama

Bossy by Kelis ft. Too $hort

Recommended by Whitney

"Because who doesn't love some sass from a bo$$ @$$ diva?"

I love all the sounds in this song. The one thing I hate about electronic music and modern production is that I can't just be like, "Love the violin." Instead, I have to work around it like, "How great is that electric sitar-harpsichord sound at the beginning? And the repeating digital xylophone line?"

Anyway, all the background noises are bomb.

I think it's funny that she calls herself bossy, which is different from being a boss. Of course, she calls herself that, too. So maybe she's both.

I love these lines:

That's right, I brought all the boys to the yard.
And that's right, I'm the one that's tattooed on his arm.

First of all, it references Milkshake, which was a life-changing song for me back in middle school. That's a Kelis song, too. (And it was co-produced by Pharrell Williams, btw. The more you know.)

As for the second part, I just liked that it reminded me of Zayn. Because, like, he has his ex tattooed on his arm, and she can always feel smug about that.

Something about this song makes me think of Lip Gloss. I guess it just has that 2000s vibe.

I love any song that empowers women, and this song is definitely about - as Whitney put it - a "bo$$ @$$ bitch."

Overview:

Genre:
Hip Hop

Favorite Lyrics:
You don't have to love me.
You don't even have to like me.
But you will respect me.

Verdict:
Get down, and don't take it too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment