Sunday, April 24, 2016

Chasing Pavements


She's A Goddess

Chasing Pavements by Adele

"Unrequited love sounds so attractive from the depths of her vocals and lyrics."

I also thought it was unrequited love at first, but after reading up on the background, I wonder if it's actually about the end of a relationship. The love was requited at some point, but now the relationship isn't what it used to be. They've lost that spark, and she can't decide whether it's possible to get it back again.

Should I give up, or should I just keep chasin' pavements?

Rumour has it, Adele composed this song on her mobile phone as she walked home from a bar after discovering that her boyfriend had cheated on her. (x)

I like the contrast between the verses and the chorus. The verses are softer and sound like they should be playing in a coffee shop, while I stare out the window at the beginnings of a gentle fall of rain.

Then the chorus comes in, and Adele's voice soars. God, I love her voice. I could go on forever about how lovely and full and deep it is. And strong and beautiful. If I could be a voice, literally transform into a voice, I would want to be this voice. Sultry.

Overview:

Genre:
Soulful Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
I build myself up and fly around in circles,
waitin' as my heart drops

Verdict:
Sexy verses, catchy chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment