Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Come and See Me


This Reminds Me of One of My Roomies

Come and See Me by PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Drake

Recommended by Ashlynn

"Classic sad Drake."

Okay but listen:
I hear you talkin' 'bout we a lot.
Oh, you speak French now?

That kills me. Puns, man. I love puns. Puns in my music. Puns everywhere.

Real talk, though? This song is sad. I see two possible situations:

1) They were friends with benefits, or not-friend hook-ups, or whatever. But then, as can happen, one of them caught feelings. Yikes. And now I hear you talk about we a lot, and he's like Why you gotta start, girl...I thought we had a deal.

Oh, and my favorite: I'll admit I'm sorry when I feel I'm truly sorry. Like, A+ for Honesty, but could you have some chill please?

Things change, people change, feelings change, too. Maybe you did have a deal...but if she's no longer into that, then you gotta listen to her. Don't be a f***boy.

2) They were in a real live relationship. With feelings on purpose. But it's on the rocks, and it's devolving, and it's rough. I mean, breakups are always rough.

This thing is getting one-sided; I can't even lie to you right now.

There's also some references that make me think they're long-distance for whatever reason. Maybe have a "deal" about seeing other people while they're apart. I don't know.

Either way, it bums me out. Whether they were together or "together," can you blame him for not being as into her as she is to him? Not really. But it's still really sad that she's only asking for him to come and see me for once and he's like I know we make time for the the things that we want, but nah. Not worth it.

Anyway, the sound is nice. Really smooth, easy listen.

Overview:

Genre:
Soul R&B / Rap

Favorite Lyrics:
Things change, people change, feelings change too. 
Never thought the circumstances woulda changed you.

I know we make time for the things that we want.

Just 'cause he got a heart don't mean it got heart.

Verdict:
This is like...the "we met on Tinder" anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment