Friday, January 15, 2016

History



Wow, Alisa Really? Already?

History by One Direction

Recommended by Yours Truly

"This isn't my favorite song by One Direction, but the lyrics are really special. It's basically a love song - or a break-up song, depending on who you ask - between the lads and the fans. Either way seems kind of personal. I like it a lot."

For those of you who know me, I'm sure you saw this coming. Maybe not this exact song, but you knew I had to do a One Direction song. What can I say? I've been doing this new music thing for two weeks now, and I missed them.

Liam Payne said this song is a modern take on the Toy Story theme, and I definitely get that vibe. Which means it sounds like it should be playing over the end credits of a movie...but let's not talk about that.

Sure, it's vaguely nostalgic, but it's also celebratory. Happy.

I like the acoustic sound. There's nothing fancy, not much more than a guitar and some clapping. Even with the vocals, there aren't any crazy harmonies. It's simple and clean and really cool.

The slow tempo is perfect for the mood of comfort and warmth. If it has to be a break-up, you get the feeling that it's a reluctant, or at least amicable, one. Maybe wistful. The lyrics certainly support that interpretation.

We could be the greatest team that this world has ever seen.

We could live forever.

If only.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop, I guess. I don't really...

Favorite Lyrics:
I thought we were holding on. I thought we were going strong. Aren't we?

So don't let me go.

Verdict:
This song and I have a whole lot of history.

Fun fact - there are fans singing along in the actual track because this song really is for us. Don't fight me on this.

Update: I've attached the music video. And the tears stream down my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment