Sunday, June 26, 2016

Thats What Its Made For


Was This In Magic Mike?

Thats What Its Made For by Usher

"I like to get my groove on to this one ;)"

Oh okay. I see how it is.

I mean, same.

This song is so smooth. Usher's always so smooth. Listen to those rich vocals, those fancy falsetto improvisations, that. Mmmhmm this is a good slow jam.

The lyrics, on the other hand, don't have quite as much game as you'd expect. It's about a guy who's ready for a one night stand, and he realizes he forgot a condom. But he's already in the zone, and the chick's saying, don't worry, I'm safe, and he's like **** it (literally).

Hey, no one said it was going to be deep (oh my god).

It goes from sensual to overtly sexual real fast, and we end up with such gems as I'm about to nut up; raw dog is a never; I was lost in the sauce; and parleein' in the bush again.

Whatever that means.

(I think we all know what that means.)

Yeah, so when they gave this album, Confessions, the Grammy for Best Contemporary R&B album in 2004, and when they named it second best album of the decade from 2000 - 2009 (x), I'm guessing they were focusing more on the sounds than the lyrics.

I don't want to say it's "inappropriate" necessarily...I can think of a couple of times and places that it would be very appropriate.

You just have to recognize what it's made for and design your playlists accordingly.

Overview:

Genre:
R&B

Favorite Lyrics:
We got protection;
That's what it's made for.

Practice safe sex, y'all.

Verdict:

No comments:

Post a Comment