Thursday, June 16, 2016

Daddy


LMFAO

DADDY ft. CL by PSY

Recommended by Elayne S.

Take off your judging hats, my friends. We are here to have a good time.

And have a good time, we shall. This is Psy, known in the U.S. (and internationally) for Gangnam Style, and popular in his home country of South Korea for comedy and entertainment.

There are two great ways to appreciate this song.

The first way is to listen while watching the music video, preferably with friends. It's too funny not to share. The second is to play the song very loudly, preferably alone so that you can dance to your heart's content. I know from experience that it makes cleaning the house seventeen times more enjoyable.

This song samples I Got It From My Mama by will.i.am, and that is crystal clear if you've ever heard the original material. The chorus is just about exactly the same, except for the obvious replacement of Mama with Daddy.

Daddy is a parody of will.i.am's song. It mimics and exaggerates for comedic effect.

Also, Daddy is a touch more positive. I Got It From My Mama is about will.i.am sitting around judging women, even saying if the mama real ugly, I guarantee she gon' be ugly like her mama. Psy is more about energy and self-confidence.

Maybe he got it from his Daddy.

Overview:

Genre:
Electro House / K-Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
You be my curry.
I'll be your rice.

Verdict:
Catchy from the first note to the last

No comments:

Post a Comment