Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Love On Top



Should've Put You First

Love On Top by Beyoncé

"There's a serious lack of Queen Bey on your blog."

You're right. I'm surprised no one recommended her until now. We're over 150 songs in at this point. I'm shocked.
Love On Top is "viewed as a modern take on old-school music" because of its '80s pop and '70s disco inspirations (x). I agree - just listen to that beat, those ooh oohs. I love songs with retro inspiration because my mom and I can both relate to them. #bonding
This song is lighthearted and positive in both the message an the music. Look at this lady, finally getting the attention and respect that she deserves. You go, girl.

From the first snap, I start to get my groove on, and when Bey says Bring the beat in, I'm fired up.

As for the music, it's obviously a catchy tune with a beat that gets you moving, but listen, too, for that technical complexity. We're talking not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR key changes during the last two minutes. That's a wild ride.

It keeps things interesting as we repeat the chorus, climbing higher and higher each time. Not to mention it's symbolic. I mean, why not keep raising the pitch when her love's on top.

Plus, you know the woman's got the vocals. 
<3

Overview:

Genre:
Uptempo R&B

Favorite Lyrics:
Nothing's perfect, but it's worth it after fighting through my tears.

Verdict:
Thoroughly impressive. This is why Bey's always gonna be on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment