Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Colgando en tus manos


My Heart is Hanging in Your Hands

Colgando en tus manos (con Marta Sanchez) por Carlos Baute

Recommended by Kim

"I had to analyze this song in high school, and I still haven't gotten tired of it :)"

Full lyrics + English translation

I loved listening to Spanish-language music in school. That was my favorite part of class, and it's really helpful for foreign language practice.

This song is about a couple who are in the early stages of falling in love. They're both willing to go for it, but they also implore the other to be gentle with their hear. Cuidado, que mi corazón está colgando en tus manos.

The track was originally a solo for Carlos Baute, but they decided to add Marta Sanchez for the release. I'm glad they did, as I think it fits the theme of the song. Plus, the pair sound great together. Marta has a beautiful voice, and the harmonies add interest to the otherwise sweet but forgettable melody.

I dig the guitar, and the upbeat pop sound makes for a fun sing-along.

Thanks, Kim.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
No me importa que dice el destino.

Verdict:
Sounds like Top 40

2 comments:

  1. I like listening to Spanish music as well. The Spanish language is so beautiful to listen to. Most of the time I don't know what they're singing about, but I do remember some of my high school Spanish and get the main theme of the song. This one was fun to hear, and the video told the story pretty well...

    ReplyDelete