Thursday, June 9, 2016

Drive


Alluring

Drive by GLADES

Recommended by Sara B.

"I dunno. It just came up in a Spotify playlist I was listening to."

That's not the most promising intro quote, but I actually ended up loving this song. It reminds me of Flume, especially the last two notes of 'til my blood runs dry.

Everything about this track is beautiful.

The voice isn't filtered beyond recognition as it sometimes is in electronica, and it has a clear, pure tone. It's dreamy but not too faraway, like the buzz before you're properly drunk.

The lyrics are elegant, a nice mix of poetry and simplicity.

The melody is easy to follow. I'm in love with the part at Ooh, say you love me, too...which is good, since it probably won't be leaving my head any time soon.

Overview:

Genre:
Electronic

Favorite Lyrics:
I want you when the sun goes low.

Verdict:
very sweet

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I probably would never find this song if not for your blog, however it is a beautiful song once you know the lyrics. Like the music, love the lyric. Happy Birthday Alisa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also never would have found this song without the blog! It's so fun to get new recs everyday.

      Delete