Saturday, November 26, 2016

This Water Tastes Like Alcohol


Y'all, Keep Sending Songs

This Water Tastes Like Alcohol by Noise of Rumors

"I'll be honest I couldn't decided between this song and The Conclusion to submit so why not both?"

If you remember, The Conclusion was that song I covered here like five days ago. It was a solo project by Cyn Electric, who is now the lead vocalist for this band Noise of Rumors, which she founded.

Cyn's voice is a little grittier on this track, and the guitars are a lot more intense. Whereas The Conclusion was pretty solidly between pop punk and alt rock, This Water Tastes Like Alcohol is heavier on the "rock" classification. It's energetic, to be sure, but not in that bouncy pop way.

I was skeptical of this strack at first, thinking it was too much...something. But it grew on me. I like the frantic pace, the woahs and yeahs, and especially the electric guitar. Yeah, those riffs are cool.

There's a lot of charisma here, and I see how they could have convinced No Doubt to notice them and let them open for a concert.

Keep rockin'.

Overview:

Genre:
Alt Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
But that's a risk you've gotta take for rock 'n' roll.

Verdict:
could've done without the faux-rap bridge, but the instrumental during that section is good

No comments:

Post a Comment