Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cuando Me Enamoro


When I Fall in Love

Cuando Me Enamoro ft. Juan Luis Guerra by Enrique Iglesias

"Because there's more to Enrique Iglesias than 'Hero.'"

You're right; there's a lot more to Enrique Iglesias. Cuando Me Enamoro is from his ninth studio album. NINTH. And he has released another one since then. I didn't realize the guy was such a prolific artist (x).

This track served as the main theme for a telenovela of the same name, which built up its popularity. It was Iglesias's highest charting Spanish single at the time, at #89 on the Billboard Hot 100 (x).

Aside from that, it's just a nice song.

I mean, listen to it. Just listen. Nothing I say can do justice to Iglesias's smooth, soulful vocals or the irresistable beat. Gotta love that syncopation.

There's something about the sound of this trackc that gives your spirit a little hug. I don't even know if it makes me happy or sad; it just makes me generically emotional. It's like...a mood-neutral tug on the heartstrings.

It also weirdly reminds me of the Eagles? I don't know, maybe it's the oohs.

The lyrics are also pretty sweet. (Read them + English translation here.) Some nice lines that mention stars and the moon, which is cool because space. And there's something about being, like, shipwrecked in the middle of love or something. That's kind of relatable.

Anyway, I feel like my life is better now that this song is a part of it, so thanks.

Overview:

Genre:
Latin, Pop, Bachata

Favorite Lyrics:
Sonrio cuando me enamoro

Verdic:
forever bailando to this

No comments:

Post a Comment