Friday, November 11, 2016

Honestly


I Wanna See You Be Brave

Honestly by Cartel

Recommended by Kim C.

This song is pretty adorable, man.

Songfacts says the lyrics are about a couple that broke up and are lying about the feelings they still have for each other. And, like, okay. I buy that.

BUT the music video tells the stories of a few would-be couples who are most certainly not being honest with themselves, and they end up regretting the fact that they didn't make a move. And I like to think the song is about them, next time. Character development.

We can all use a little more honesty in our lives. I believe in little white lies, but keeping a bunch of secrets never does anyone any favors. You've gotta express yourself, or you'll be passive agressive and stressed. And full of regret, probably.

(Not that I take this song's advice, but you know. It would be nice.)

The sound is typical pop punk, so I'm down. It's guitar-led and upbeat and the lead singer Will Pugh has that kind of voice - you know, the genre-specific, whiny-ish-but-still-pleasant tone. Good stuff.

P.S. This band is from Conyers, Georgia! Gotta love locals.

P.S.S. If you recognize the song, maybe it's because you watched John Tucker Must Die. It was on that movie's soundtrack.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop Punk

Favorite Lyrics:
And don't waste time getting to the point,
'cause I'm - I'm patiently waiting.

Verdict:
pining

No comments:

Post a Comment