Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Conclusion


Grand Finale

The Conclusion by Cyn Electric

"I get a little No Doubt vibes when I listen to Cyn's music. She has a great sound, and I'm not sure if she's still doing solo stuff, but she is in a band called Noise of Rumors now. "

I'm glad you mention the No Doubt vibes because one of the first articles I came across when researching Cyn Electric is this one with the punniest title: "There's No Doubting the Passion of Pop-Rock Band Noise of Rumors." It's about how Noise of Rumors actually opened for No Doubt once upon a time.

Cyn Electric said they were probably chosen because Gwen Stefani and company saw “ the passion within us all to achieve something greater than anything or anyone could have imagined.”

But yeah, I hear Gwen in her voice. Same style, similar power level. Controlled but free. Energetic.

The song itself is fun and flirty. The melody bounces around playfully, and it's kind of delightful. I enjoy that part where it jumps up to head voice during the repeated line, what you mean to me. It's a good time.

That same article I quoted above lists other inspirations cited by Cyn Electric for Noise of Rumors: Neon Trees, The Neighborhood, Muse, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'm going to say she's probably not doing a lot of solo stuff, since her website looks like this, and her YouTube channel uses a Noise of Rumors icon. But who knows what the future holds.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop Punk / Alt Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
Don't act like you deserve it.

Verdict:
That "No Doubting" article was posted in MySpace. It's fitting because pop punk is associated with the same emo crowd as MySpace, but Cyn Electric actually has a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment