Saturday, November 26, 2016

Throw Shade


CRUISR BRUISR

Throw Shade by CRUISR

"fun jam that reminds me to shade myself from the haters B)"

This is an awesome jam. I love everything about the music and the lyrics, from the beginning to the end. (Although, honestly, even if I didn't like it, how could I throw shade at a song that so clearly doesn't care what I think about it?)

I'm digging the quirky intro, where it falls into complete silence between bursts of bouncy instrumentation. It sets the mood perfectly for a song that is equal parts sass and savagery.

Actual quote: You're dead to me.

I have to play the devil's advocate here and point out that CRUISR is kind of throwing shade here by publicly shaming the person who threw shade first. The hypocrisy of it all! But at least they didn't namedrop. Keeping it classy.

The bridge makes it clear that they're going to miss whoever it was that said these nasty things about them, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm proud of them for cutting this toxic relationship out of their life. No one has time for that kind of unnecessary drama.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
If you wanna throw shade,
well, honey, I'll see you never.

Verdict:
I'm about to blast this on New Year's Eve. RIP in pieces, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment