Friday, November 18, 2016

"Stranger Things" Medley


Just Took A 16 Hour Nap

"Stranger Things" Cello Medley ft. Adam Caulfield and Katherine Pernal by Nicholas Yee

Originally by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein

Recommended by Kim C.

I feel like everyone and their mother was telling me to watch this show over the summer, so you're probably already familiar with this soundtrack. Enjoy listening it in this form.

After binge-watching the whole thing in like two days, I admit I wasn't familiar with every track covered in this medley, but it's still a good time. I love watching people play instruments, and the cello is particularly beautiful, both to watch in action and to hear.

I've only ever played solo piano pieces and sung in a chorus where everyone watched the same conductor, so it amazes me when people are able to keep tempo with each other like this.

I wish they had the percussionist doing the heartbeat sound during the title track on-screen; however, that's a critique of the video, not the piece itself. If it turns out that they're just making the noise on their cellos or with their feet I'll feel dumb, but I don't think so - anyone catch that?

Anyway, if we're getting into the video, we should just appreciate their commitment to '80s fashion.

Who else got Lord of the Rings vibes from the pizzicato that starts here? I was ready to pop over to the Shire.

Overview:

Genre:
Instrumental / Soundtrack

Verdict:
main theme is the best part

No comments:

Post a Comment