Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Breathe In


Say You Liked Her Before She Was Cool

Breathe In by Frou Frou

"Most people know of Imogen Heap because of her song Hide and Seek but most people don't know about this other band she was in which is unfortunate because she's really great."

Okay, I hope this doesn't offend you, but I had to laugh when I saw what you wrote about this song because it sounded so hipster. "Most people don't know about this other band." But you somehow managed to do it without sounding like an annoyingly pretentious music snob, so thanks for that.

It's worth noting that the song you mentioned that helped "most people know of Imogen Heap" peaked on the U.S. Pop 100 at #91 back in 2005, which isn't even that popular (x). 

(I mean, it's not that popular compared to Closer ft. Halsey by The Chainsmokers. But even Adele's Hello isn't that popular compared to Closer. So still definitely a success.)

In any case, you're right: Imogen Heap is "really great." 

I was disappointed when I first looked up this band, because I read that Frou Frou disbanded way back in 2004...but they (Imogen Heap and Guy Sigsworth) came back together to record a song for the Shrek 2 soundtrack. 

As of 2015, Wikipedia says they're looking forward to future collaborations, so keep an eye out. They've been known to circulate tracks online.

I love Heap's unique voice, and she sounds as great on Breathe In as I've ever heard her. The track is upbeat and catchy, with a lot of cool sounds in the techno accompaniment. It's nice.

Fun Fact: Breathe In was Frou Frou's first single. It became a minor hit in Asia.

Overview:

Genre:
Electronica

Favorite Lyrics:
And God, I'm good at it.
I'm so spot on.

Verdict:
I didn't like her until after she was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment