Friday, November 11, 2016

Love Like You


Close Second

Love Like You by Rebecca Sugar and Aivi & Surasshu

Pieces of this song play during the closing credits of each episode of Cartoon Network's Steven Universe

Like the show it comes from, Love Like You is simple and pretty and heartwarming. It explores the themes of self-esteem and - of course - love, whether it's romantic or platonic or familial. I personally always think of my parents when I hear this song because they think far too highly of me and love me unconditionally.

I wish that I knew what makes you think I'm so special.

That uplifting message combined with Sugar's sweet voice over the soft piano puts me in a good mood every time.

Overview:

Genre:
Indie Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
If I could begin to be
half of what you think of me,
I could do about anything.
I could even learn how to love.

Verdict:
I just adore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment