Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Reflections of a Dream, Part 2


Dreaming of Thanksgiving Break

Reflections of a Dream, Part 2 by Aviators

"This is one of those songs I like to throw on when I need things to be a bit tranquil. It just relaxes me."

Whoever sent in this song specifically suggested the "Finally Home Mix," so that's what I embedded.

I knew I had to talk about your song this week as soon as I saw your description. I absolutely "need things to be a bit tranquil" tonight after working on this giant group project all weekend. And this track didn't disappoint.

Not only does the sound of the music calm you down, but the lyrics are also quite comforting during hard times, even if it's just school-sponsored anxiety.

There are clear skies further down the road in our lives.

You were meant to be so much more than you might think.

The discrete chords in the intro separated by silence set my soul at peace, and the rolling triplets that come in later are nothing short of soothing. I can't help but relax as the track ambles along at its own deliberate pace.

Not to mention the guy's voice is velvet.

If you can't get enough, there's also a lovely orchestral arrangement on the band's YouTube account, and it just sparkles.

Overview:

Genre:
Indie

Favorite Lyrics:
It's hard to see the sun on a rainy day.

Verdict:
bridges the gap between the peace I want and the stress I have

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up Ali! Tranquility is just a few days away!

    ReplyDelete