Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A United Front


I Love Political Dramas

A United Front by Jeff Beal

Recommended by Tim

This is a piece from the original soundtrack for the Netflix original series House of Cards.

"Jeff Beal's music is like the skin that covers the flesh and bone of this masterful TV show" (x). That quote is taken from a very detailed review of the House of Cards soundtrack. If you've watched through season 4, you might want to click on that (x) and check it out.

I can't find anything about this track in particular, but the soundtrack in general won the Creative Arts Emmy award for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic).

Unfortunately, I've never watched this show, which limits my enjoyment of the piece significantly. I still appreciate the driving rhythm of the drums and the tense strings, but I can't imagine any scenes in my head.

From Wikipedia, a united front is "a form of struggle or political organization that may be carried out by revolutionaries or communist political struggles." Given what little I know about the show, I'd imagine this takes place during some of the political scheming that goes on.

Not too specific. I don't know.

I love how it's only 2 minutes long, but it takes you on a journey from something dark and suspenseful to something that's actually kind of sweet. It shifts from fearful suspense to hopeful suspense and finally ends on a purely optimistic note.

Overview:

Genre:
Film Score

Verdict:
I feel like I need to watch this show now.

No comments:

Post a Comment