Thursday, August 4, 2016

Seven Days


One Week

Seven Days by Sting

This is a track off of the album Ten Summoner's Tales, which was nominated for six Grammys (it won three).

I think this song has a really cool vibe. The staccato guitar and sharp drum beats form a light but very present backdrop for Sting's casual vocals. For most of the song, it sounds almost like something's missing because the accompaniment is so sparse.

The refrain is the only place where we get flowing, lyrical melodies.

The lyrics are really entertaining. I like how he refers to his romantic rival as a Neanderthal then bemoans the fact that such a brutish dude could win his love's affection despite being dumb.

IQ is no problem here.
We won't be playing Scrabble for her hand, I fear.

I don't know, I just think this song has a unique feel.

Overview:

Genre:
Soft Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet.

... a line which you may remember from Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, released over a decade earlier.

Overview:
A more mature version of I Would

No comments:

Post a Comment