Thursday, August 25, 2016

Closer


Hey

Closer feat. Halsey by The Chainsmokers

I haven't been able to get this song out of my head for the past week, so now you can all join me.

This song is special for a couple reasons. First of all, it marks the first time that one of The Chainsmokers has sung in their own song (it's Andrew Taggart). I'd heard of them before, but I didn't realize that they're actually a DJ duo, so they're usually on the production side (x).

Also, this track skyrocketed up the charts to become the first #1 for both The Chainsmokers and Halsey, in both the U.S.A. and Australia. Cheers.

The track was inspired by Blink-182's I Miss You, and the lyrics speak to that when Halsey name-drops the band during her verse (x).

I love this beat, and the melody is so, so catchy. Plus - and I'm noticing a trend with this - I really enjoy the minimalist ~aesthetic~ depicted in the lyrics. Is it not every millennial's pipe dream to take off, move to the city with nothing but the clothes on your back and a broke down car? And, of course, to never get older?

I mean, most of us wouldn't even want to make that a reality, but it's like...the place we go when we're staring out the window of a college classroom.

Overview:

Genre:
Electropop

Favorite Lyrics:
Hey, tell your friends it was nice to meet them
But I hope I never see them again.


This is my lyric soul mate.

Verdict:
kind of reminds me of Cold Water but it's still doing its own thing and I dig it

1 comment:

  1. I like this song much better than the last one. It has a great beat that will probably be stuck in my head for awhile. Interesting lyrics, but I would prefer getting older to the alternative...oh, and btw, I love Halsey...thanks to you...😉

    ReplyDelete