Saturday, August 13, 2016

More Than This


I Still Miss Zayn

More Than This by One Direction

Recommended by Bella :P

"the best 1d song xD"

Okay, while this is clearly not true...I still love this song.

There's some nostalgia attached to a track that came out in the boy band's first album, back in 2012. At the time, they had come in third on The X Factor, and no one knew if they really had what it took to grow into the international sensation that they obviously became.

(Simon Cowell says he knew, but come on.)

Anyway, this song was good enough to be brought back for the second tour (Take Me Home), so it there's was something to it. I mean...they didn't have a whole lot to choose from at the time, but still.

I'm looking at the Wikipedia page, and it actually got good reviews, too.

Digital Spy calls the track "one of the best boy band ballads in recent years" and expresses surprise at "the group's ability to carry off a sizable ballad" (x). Gordon Smart from The Sun said it is "almost an indie song" with impressive high notes (x).

Literally compare those tiny children in the video above to the real live adults in this live acoustic version from 2014:


Those harmonies are so on point.

(Niall still needed work, but if you find something from 2015, you'll see that he got better!)

Plus, on a personal level...I started getting into One Direction during my first year of college. Now, as I go into my first week of senior year, the song makes me feel some type of way.

I haven't covered a 1D song on my blog in a while, anyhow, so I couldn't say "no" when I saw this slide into my DMs.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
If I'm louder, would you see me?

As you close your eyes tonight,
I pray that you will see the light.

Like..what?

Verdict:
reminder that there's always room for improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment