Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hurricane (Arty Remix)


To Infinity And Beyond

Hurricane (Arty Remix) by Halsey

Recommended by Kim C.

"You always ask me if this is a remix when it comes on in my car. It is. It is a remix. (Also, I love this song.)"

Duly noted.

So the mastermind (other than Halsey, of course) behind this track is a Russian producer and DJ who calls himself ARTY. He's a true prodigy; he started in music school at the age of eight and finished it by the time he was fourteen. At that point he decided against going to college for music because he didn't love playing the piano anymore. Instead, he turned his talents to electronic music (x).

Since then, he's been pretty active in the EDM world.

Of this track, he says, "I decided to take it in a completely different way compared to the original – make it more uplifting, change the whole vibe around and bring up the Hurricane feeling into [the] main part." (source)

Not super clear to me. Open to interpretations. Drop me a comment.

Compared to the original, the ARTY remix seems a bit softer and lighter. ARTY calls it "uplifting," and I feel that. It's not as grounded, replacing low drones and a heavy bass line with a fast, astral beat that takes us to outer space.

EDM Magazine says it's "spacious and sweeping," and I feel that, too (x).

Overview:

Genre:
EDM

Favorite Lyrics:
Don't belong to no city,
don't belong to no man.

Verdict:
This is probably how Halsey's original recording sounds if you listen while using hard drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment