Monday, August 15, 2016

Purple Lamborghini


Is That a Record Label Ref

Purple Lamborghini by Skrillex & Rick Ross

"An epic collab for a really cool movie :D"

I really need to dig through my song recs with a finer-toothed comb so I can cover tracks in a timely manner. How long has Suicide Squad been out now? Two weeks? Dang.

Yeah, so Purple Lamborghini was released almost a month ago as a single off of the soundtrack for that film.

I typically don't love soundtrack songs that are explicitly about the film they're written to support. Like, I find it strange listening to Ed Sheeran sing about Durin's sons in I See Fire. I love that song, but I still wish it wasn't so specific to The Hobbit.

Instead, I prefer casual references to the film. I'll stick with the Ed Sheeran example and reference All of the Stars from The Fault in Our Stars. Obviously there's a connection with the stars, and Sheeran mentions America and Amsterdam...but it's not like "Poor Hazel Grace. Okay okay."

That's just a weird thing that I have, but I actually really like this line from Purple Lamborghini.

Drugs every corner, this is Gotham City.

I feel like any rap lyric could include this Batman ref, you know? No? Maybe? I don't know.

Anyway, Purple Lamborghini is a solid track. I mean, how could it not be with the combined powers of rapper Rick Ross and producer Skrillex?

It's really just a lot of fun to listen to the wild lyrics atop an equally wild mix of synthesizers and booming bass and drums that build to an apex every so often - typical Skrillex, you know. Plus, the music video is fun to watch.

Overview:

Genre:
Hip-Hop / Trap

Favorite Lyrics:
Forgive me for my wrongs,
I have just begun.

Seven figures,
I spend that every other month.

Verdict:
the trillest

No comments:

Post a Comment