Thursday, December 1, 2016

Where You Been


'Pillow Talk' Vibes?

Where You Been by Michael Barr

Recommended by Riley

"It was interesting."

The music video is on Vimeo, so I couldn't embed it, but you can watch it here.

I agree, Riley. Interesting.

Barr has a great voice. Smooth. It sounds so soothing over those ambient instrumentals.

These dudes over at Reddit were talking about how they felt the song is too soothing. Anticlimactic. The general consensus was that you spend the whole song expecting the bass to drop, but the beat never picks up.

I didn't feel that way at all. I think there's plenty of contrast to keep it interesting, between the soothing vocals and intro versus that deep, heavily-filtered, electronic voice that jumps in and jars you every now and then. Plus, the chorus is dang catchy.

I wish that they would just let me be.

Somehow, after hearing their opinions, I now feel somewhat let down by this song. The power of the mind, y'all.

But I'mma still listen to it, though. I like it.

Overview:

Genre:
R&B, Indie Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
I fell in love with me.

Verdict:

1 comment: