Monday, December 12, 2016

Gone Forever


Be Scene Not Heard

Gone Forever by Three Days Grace

"I was so emo about this song in middle school (still am tbh)."

I'm glad we all had "this song" that we were emo about in middle school. (Mine was this song. So angsty. No chill. Let's never speak of this.)

Apparently Three Days Grace is a Canadian band. I didn't know this, but it's somehow very fitting.

The band name, by the way, is about "a sense of urgency, with the question being whether someone could change something in their life if they had only three days to make a change" (x). It's funny; a sense of urgency of the main theme of the campaigns project I've been working on for class.
(So random XD)

I always think of I Hate Everything About You when I hear Three Days Grace, and it takes me back to this time I was listening to it with my chorus friends during a field trip to Disney World (of all places haha) in 8th grade.

That's a classic song to be emo about in middle school, but I'm glad you gave me something new.

Sometimes you just want to listen to a song with this intensity but you don't want to commit to full-on metal. This, with its heavy guitars and passionate vocals, is your best bet.

Surprisingly the lyrics are actually not that angsty. I mean, sure, you could read it about a grieving guy being in denial and overdramatically, passive-aggressively mourning about a break-up. OR you could take him seriously when he says I feel so much better now that you're gone forever.

I mean, sure, I doubt that he [doesn't] miss [her] at all...but listen...

The first time you screamed at me, I should have made you leave.
I should have known it could be so much better.

That's actually some good reflection and good advice. You deserve the best :)

Overview:

Genre:
Alt Rock / Alt Metal / Post-Grunge

Favorite Lyrics:
Until the morning comes,
I'll forget about our life.

Verdict:
This song is actually about middle school (except I'm not lying when I say I don't miss it at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment