Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Girls


For My Cousins

Girls by The 1975

Recommended by Carrie D.

When I first heard this song, I thought they were saying ghosts not girls.

Obviously wrong.

I like this track. Carrie recommended like a zillion songs by this band, so I had to pick my favorites out of the seven. This is the third and final one.

I'm not sure what it is that I like about it. The guitar strum pattern is exactly what you expect from The 1975, and it's just as catchy as the other options.

I think it's the lyrics. I mean, the creepy obsession with 17-year-olds is not good, but at least it seems to be like "nah, don't go for that jailbait." Yeah...anyway, I was reading this blog talk about how the word seventeen itself is prettier than the other "teens" because it's the only one with three syllables. Plus, it rhymes with more words. And, listen, there's something to that.

It's a good post; it's better than mine. Plus it gives you 17 songs for the price of one, read that instead.

But yeah, good jam.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop Rock / Funk

Favorite Lyrics:
she can't be what you need if she's seventeen
they're just girls

Verdict:
all the best songs are about being 17

No comments:

Post a Comment