Friday, July 1, 2016

No Scrubs


No Matter When You Last Listened, It's Been Too Long

No Scrubs by TLC

"'Cause no one wants a scrub."

I wish the person who recommended this had left a name because I love this suggestion.

First of all, this track is bumpin'.

I love everything about it, from the "girl-power" lyrics to the stellar vocals. I feel like all of my friends can relate to this song. It's not a bad thing to get hit on downtown, but none of us want to have to say "No" a million times.

What do they say?

"No." I don't want your number.

"No." I don't want to give you mine.

"No." I don't wanna meet you nowhere.

And so on.

Like, listen. If the lady says "no," let her be.

Anyway, the excellent message of female empowerment aside, it's still a great jam. This Grammy nom (Record of the Year) makes almost every "Top '90s Songs" list that I've seen, and I definitely agree.

I'm drawn in from the first little riff, and the song never lets me go. I mean, it's even got that nice little rap interlude.

Voices on point. Harmonies on point. Riffs on fleek. Enjoy.

Overview:

Genre:
R&B / Electro Hop

Favorite Lyrics:
I'm lookin' like class,
and he's lookin' like trash.

Verdict:
throwback

No comments:

Post a Comment