Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Learn to Love


Okay But Is There A Study Guide

Learn to Love by W. Darling

Recommended by Grace

"My ears could not stop thanking me for this song. The lyrics are so beautiful and the production is just an added bonus. Her voice is gentle enough to perfectly express the feeling the song wants to capture."

I did another W. Darling song a while back, Hunting Happiness, and it was very similar to this one. That makes sense, as both tracks come from not only the same artist but also the same album, Lost Girls: Chapter 1. They share the same vibe because of the sweetness of the vocals as well as the themes of the lyrics.

Learn to Love: You can win every fight that you start, never caring who you rip apart.

Hunting Happiness: It's easier chasing a fantasy than trusting your heart won't rip mine apart.

I'm thinking both pieces were about the same relationship, but Hunting Happiness was a personal, reflective piece; whereas Learn to Love is directed at the other person in the relationship.

W. Darling has said that she writes about relationships so often because part of her writing style involves using the creative process as a way to make sense of emotional situations, and that sincerity comes through in both the lyrics and their delivery.
 I guess I hope that it’s just people who are going through a hard time or relationships that make them feel confused or overpowered. I’ve always been fascinated by love and hard love, or tragic love, I’d hope that a kid sitting at home sobbing and unable to sleep would find some shared space with me. (source)
As precious as W. Darling's voice.

Overview:

Genre:
Indie Folk Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
You can't really win
if you've nothing to lose.

Verdict:
kind of reminds me of Celtic Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment