Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Hunting Happiness


Seek the Light

Hunting Happiness by W. Darling

Recommended by Maddie


















I agree completely. The lyrics to this song are absolute poetry. I love each individual word, the phrases, and the overall meaning.

As Maddie said, the song discusses "finding fault in everything and hunting down fantasies."

In other words, it's about perfectionism.

This person is overlooking the beauty in the world, always searching for something better and never enjoying the now. There are a million cliche phrases that come to mind...Carpe diem. Stop and smell the roses. Happiness isn't about getting what you want but wanting what you've got.

But I don't know why I'm feeding you these overused sayings when W. Darling communicates this restless feeling better than anyone else I've ever heard:

I'm so caught up hunting happiness, 
I move so quickly that it can't catch me.

I can't even pick which lyrics to quote because they're all so good. If you've ever had perfectionist tendencies, you understand and you feel this haunting melody deep within your bones.

The moment I start feeling comfortable, I hear a voice in my head...

There's a reason her voice, though beautiful, sounds almost tired. Because she is tired. Tired of chasing a fantasy that doesn't exist. Tired of always listening to that voice in her head that won't leave well enough alone.

...find greener grass.

Those oohs are a lament, looking back on all those moments of "paradise" that she passed by without realizing how lovely they were.

If I could stay still, just for a minute, I'd find myself in it.
If I could see clear and count all my blessings instead of the seconds.

That bridge is as close to lyrical perfection as you're ever going to get.

But even if it wasn't, it doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful.

Overview:

Genre:
Singer/Songwriter

Favorite Lyrics:
It's easier chasing a fantasy than trusting your heart.

Verdict:
Angelic.

No comments:

Post a Comment