Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Bruises


Don't Sell Out

Bruises by Chairlift

Recommended by Skye

"instant mood booster. cute weird bubbly love song. also a throwback to Apple's iPod nano commercial in rainbow colors."

Okay, honestly, I should just do a series on Apple ads because they pick the greatest music. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 3 songs from Apple commercials.

I mean, this was for the iPod Nano, so naturally it came out like 7 years ago...but it's still good.

The Dallas Observer calls the track "distinctly dreamy" and "utterly damaging," and I agree with both in different areas (x).

The second phrase is a fair description of this track, lyrically. It's about a woman who tries to do handstands for her lover, in an apt metaphor for putting everything into a relationship with someone who takes you for granted.

The first phrase better describe the sound of the track, musically.

My favorite part of this track is the intro. The bass line is incredibly enthusiastic and energetic, and I love it. The vibe of the song is 100% settled before the vocal line comes in, and I think that's rare.

I don't love the vocals (neither the man nor the woman) on this track, but they're soft enough that I don't find them particularly abrasive. They deliver the lyrics, which are always important, and they sound pretty okay over the "distinctly dreamy" instrumentals (x).

Anyway, I see why Apple chose the track for its 4th generation Apple music. It sounds like creativity and it has a bit of a spark.

Overview:

Genre:
Indie Synthpop

Favorite Lyrics:
I tried to do handstands for you,
but every time, I fell for you.

Verdict:
cute and quirky

No comments:

Post a Comment